High Holiday Essentials
The High Holidays will be here soon!
The following NJOP tools are an excellent way to learn more about the holidays of Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur.
1) Grab the guide. Jewish Treats Complete Guide to Rosh Hashana is NJOP’s holiday eBook that makes the customs and traditions associated with Rosh Hashana both accessible and meaningful.
2) Learn from an expert. Watch our High Holidays 101 web series featuring Rabbi Ephraim Z. Buchwald, Director of NJOP, as he answers six important questions people often ask about the High Holidays.
3) Find somewhere to pray. Look for a synagogue or Jewish center near you that is offering explanatory and inspirational services this Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur. Click here to see if there is a High Holiday Beginners Service taking place in your community.
4) Sing along. Get in the High Holiday spirit with our hit music video, Soul Bigger, which was featured on NBC’s Today Show as one of their Webtastic “internet videos that you’ll want to share with your entire contact list”. View it here.
5) Read up on it. Connect with the significance of Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur by visiting the Jewish Treats High Holiday Archive. You’ll have an opportunity to gain insight about the holidays, learn about various tefillot (prayers) that you will hear during services, and much more. Click here to be directed to NJOP’s Jewish Treats blog.