High Holiday Programs
This Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur, approximately 2 million American Jews will attend High Holiday Services. Unfortunately, you may not be one of them. Why? Is it because:
- You do not understand the prayers
- Although highly educated and sophisticated you feel inadequate and illiterate in a synagogue setting
- The sermons do not speak to you
- The rituals make you feel awkward
- Frequently, you leave the synagogue feeling more guilty than before you came so, it’s no wonder why you rarely come in, let alone come back!!
With this in mind, the National Jewish Outreach Program has designed special “High Holiday Beginners Services” for you!
We have both full-length and abridged services. Read below to learn more about these programs.
High Holiday Beginners Service
It’s a High Holiday Service unlike any you have attended before–you can even sing along! These interactive services, in which the prayers and customs are fully explained, are designed to provide a meaningful experience to everyone who attends. Your High Holidays will never be the same.
Abridged Beginners Service
NJOP’s Abridged High Holidays Beginners Service is a brief and dynamic program designed to appeal to, and inspire, those who may not have attended a High Holiday Service in some time. This brief program enables participants to appreciate the majesty and beauty of the Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur services, all in a relaxed atmosphere where questions are always welcome.