Chanukah Across America Online Contest
NJOP’s Chanukah Across America initiative, which takes place on December 19, 2017 (the eighth night of Chanukah), challenges synagogues and Jewish organizations to help engage as many Jews as possible in experiencing the joyous festival of Chanukah. This challenge is extended to NJOP’s social media audience as well.
Chanukah Across America is based on the primary mitzvah of Chanukah, pirsumei nisa – publicizing the miracle of the oil that lasted eight days. This mitzvah is fulfilled each night of Chanukah by lighting the Chanukah menorah in a way that it can be seen by others.
Participate in Chanukah Across America by posting a picture of your lit menorah on social media, sharing the miracle of Chanukah with your online community. Participants will be eligible (based on requirements below) to win one of 10 $100 Amazon gift cards.
To be eligible for a chance to win a prize, you must complete the following requirements:
- Upload a picture of your menorah on the evening of Tuesday, December 19th, correctly lit for the eighth night of Chanukah. (For a reminder of how to light the menorah on the eighth night, click here.)
- Follow us on the social platform on which you are submitting your entry. (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram)
- Use the #ChanukahAcrossAmerica hashtag in your post on social media.
- The deadline for publicly sharing the picture of your lit menorah is 3 AM EST, December 20th.
- To be eligible for a prize, participants must be residents of the United States. NJOP staff and family are not eligible for this contest.
Winners will be notified by December 22, 2017.