Chanukah Across America
Chanukah Across America is NJOP’s new campaign, challenging synagogues and Jewish organizations to help engage as many Jews as possible to experience the joyous festival of Chanukah. The Chanukah Across America challenge will enable NJOP and its partners to work together to share the light, salvation and hope that is reflected in the Chanukah miracle. NJOP will award a prize of $1,000 each to four synagogues and/or Jewish organizations based on a combination of the following criteria: the most creative, impactful and educational program that reaches the most people on Wednesday night, December 28th.
UPDATE: The donor whose generosity launched this campaign, has upped the ante. In addition to possibly winning $1,000 for your outreach efforts, the next 25 locations whose applications we accept, will be awarded a stipend of $500 to join this national campaign on the fifth night of Chanukah, Wednesday, December 28th. To be considered, you must complete the application below and you will be notified of your acceptance into Chanukah Across America. The deadline to be considered for this $500 stipend is Tuesday, December 20th at 5:00 pm EST.
HOW TO BE INCLUDED IN THE
CHANUKAH ACROSS AMERICA CHALLENGE:
- Fill out the form HERE indicating your detailed plan for engaging a significant, large number of Jews in the festival of Chanukah on Wednesday evening, December 28th. NJOP will send you a confirmation of receipt of your application. All applications will be accepted and considered, and must be received by December 20th at 5:00 pm EST.
- Share posts, photos and/or videos during your program on social media while using the #ChanukahAcrossAmerica hashtag and tagging NJOP’s social media accounts. Doing so will allow NJOP to help share your good work with NJOP’s own large social media audience. More details on this below.
- Fill out and submit a detailed report after your event explaining what you accomplished, how you accomplished it and how many individuals you reached. A CHANUKAH ACROSS AMERICA report form will be sent to you on December 29th. Reports will be due on Thursday, January 12th at 5:00 pm EST in order to be considered for the $1,000 prize.
- In order to be eligible, applicants must register and run NJOP’s Shabbat Across America and Canada that is scheduled for Friday night, March 3, 2017. You may register here.
NJOP will award four $1,000 prizes using the following criteria:
- Overall reach of the individual campaign, both qualitative (what the participant gained) and quantitative (how many you engaged, especially those less engaged in Jewish life, those for whom this event may have been their only exposure to Chanukah). Note: While the number of people engaged that evening is important, exceptional qualitative programming reaching fewer participants will also be considered as a critical factor.
- How well your written plan was executed.
- The professionalism of your campaign, including your application and report to NJOP.
- The educational content of your campaign.
Fill out the application form for Chanukah Across America HERE.